I was born in Zofingen, Switzerland, on August 4 1975. I have a degree in photography from Fondazione Studio Marangoni, Florence, Italy.
In 2001, I participated in Artworkshop 01 held at the Contemporary Art Center at the Luxembourg Casino, organized by Paul Di Felice, Christian Gattinoni and Wim Delvoye. In 2003 and 2004 I was selected to partecipate in workshops taught by Katarzina Kozira, Arno Minkkinen and the artists collective Stalker. In 2009, in Buenos Aires, I was selected to partecipate in the workshop Life and art in the mega-cities taught by Kevin Power, and at LIPAC-Laboratory of Investigation into Contemporary Art Practice a three months laboratory led by Atelier Van Lieshout, Raimond Chaves, Lara Almarcegui, and Marta Minujin.
My work has been exhibited in numerous solo and group exhibitions including Back to 04.04.99, curated by Nicoletta Leonardi, Archivio Fotografico Toscano, Prato, and Rencontres d’Arles, 2002; Contested Space, curated by Marco Scotini, Spazio Alcatraz, Florence, 2003; Networking – The cities of the people, curated by Marco Scotini, Ex Macelli, Prato, 2003; Available Space – Desautorazione, Palazzo Santa Margherita, Modena and Kunsthaus Tacheles Cultural Center, Berlin, 2003-2004; Empowerment, curated by Marco Scotini, Villa Croce Contemporary Art Museum, Genova, 2004; Rotte metropolitane: The Visible City, curated by Daria Filardo, Ex Carcere le Murate, Florence, 2004; Empresas Recuperadas, Casa de la Cultura de Buenos Aires and at the Labor Ministry, Buenos Aires, 2005 and 2007; Hermes 1999-2006, Festival de la Luz, Buenos Aires and Photoshow, Milano, 2006 and 2007; Seek Refuge, curated by Marta Casati, Venezia 2008; You don’t have to be sure, curted by a.titolo, CESAC Centre for Contemporary Arts, Cuneo, 2010
- October 2011, solo show Sometimes I wish I could swallow up all the existent words, curated by Daria Filardo, Magazzino 1B, Prato.
- November 2011, collective show Producing Censorship – New York, for Premio Celeste, curated by Aria Spinelli and Jason Waite, New York.
- March 2012, Arte Laguna Prize – finalist exhibition, Nappe dell’Arsenale, Venice: selected by Spazio Thetis and Anfiteatro Arte for the “Special Prize Personal Exhibitions”.
- April 2012 collective show, Carta Bianca, curated by Lorenzo Bruni, Daria Filardo, Pietro Gaglianò, Museo d’Arte Contemporanea Villa Croce, Genoa.
- May 2012, collective show Seeds, Galleria Biagiotti, Florence.
- May 2012 collective show, Piano con Paesaggio: visione e confronti, a project by Giancarlo Cauteruccio and curated by Pietro Gaglianò, Teatro Studio Krypton, Florence.
- June 2012 videoprojection of Hermes 1999-ongoing, curated by Paco Fernandez Onnainty, Buenos Aires.
- February 2013, Una promesa de autonomía, performance with Cecilia Blanco, curated by Caterina Poggesi and Caterina Frani, Frau Frisör Fosca Project, Florence.
- March 2013, Lack, solo show in a private flat, curated by Daria Filardo and Elena Magini, Florence.
- April 2013, Swallow, solo show curated by Daria Filardo, Galleria Zone, Florence.
- April 2013, All the white I remember, solo show in collaboration with Galleria Biagiotti, Palazzo Tornabuoni, Florence.
- June 2013, The Wall #8 – Cremona: Beyond the railway. Collective show curated by Pietro Gaglianò
- November 2013, PARTE, a show realized with a cooperative and participatory curatorial format, Centro Cultural Rojas, Buenos Aires.
- December 2013, FORREST OPEN STUDIO, collective show curated by Ana Gallardo and Irina Kirchuk, Buenos Aires.
- December 2014, The Wall #9 – Home Sponge Arte Contemporanea. Pergola, Italy.
I currently live and work between Buenos Aires and Florence.
Gallery Biagiotti Progetto Arte, Florence: www.artbiagiotti.com